TESL Nova Scotia bears no responsibility for the authenticity of these job postings; a listing does not imply the endorsement of TESL NS. Caveat emptor!
To add a job listing to this list for a position and/or institution based in Atlantic Canada, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org which includes the information you would like posted. TESL Canada also maintains a job board with a variety of positions in Canada and around the world.
Recently submitted Job Ads
Armbrae Academy is a small, co-educational independednt day school for students from Preschool to Grade 12. We are hiring an energetic and motivated EAL/ESL teacher to join our team on a part-time basis for the 2019-2020 school year.
The suitable candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Professional TESL teaching certificate (or equivalent)
- Experience in teaching ESL/EAL
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Ability to design and deliver quality English lessons
Contract will be for 9-12 hours per week, for the duration of the school year (September – June, excluding school holidays). Classes will consist of 1-3 students from Grades 10-12.
Resumes should be submitted to:
Ally Read, Upper School Director
Mount Saint Vincent University: English for Academic Preparation Instructor
Recognized as a leader in distance and experiential learning, and based on a strong tradition of social responsibility, Mount Saint Vincent University takes a personalized approach to education to nurture socially responsible global citizens. Founded in 1873, the Mount has been nationally recognized for having one of the lowest student-to-professor ratios, for providing students early access to valuable research opportunities, for its legacy in the advancement of women, and for facilitating critical advancements in food security, healthy aging, literacy, and childhood development. The Mount believes that our people are our foundation and our relationships are built on respect and accountability. Please visit www.msvu.ca to learn more about us.
The International Education Centre at Mount Saint Vincent University invites applications for the position of English for Academic Preparation Instructor.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of EAL Programs, the English for Academic Preparation Instructor will provide academic skills to incoming undergraduate students who speak English as an Additional Language. The English for Academic Preparation Instructor is an instructor of one of the Mount’s EAP classes designed to achieve the Institution’s goal of preparing our EAL students for full-time academic study. The English for Academic Preparation Instructor is also responsible for assisting the Mount’s EAL learners with individual and group tutoring. Program topics include: an introduction to Canadian University assignment expectations, accessing campus resources and support, academic research, formal writing, academic integrity, effective reading, time management and critical thinking skills. She/he will be responsible for assessing students’ progress and formulating their final evaluation.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree as well as TESL/CELTA certification. Preference will be given to candidates with Master’s level degrees in Education or Linguistics and 2 to 3 years of English for Academic Preparation experience. She/he will also have a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of students, possess exceptional interpersonal and technical communication skills and have an exceptional understanding of the international student experience. Candidates should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and previous experience, using business enterprise systems such as Colleague, Banner, PeopleSoft, etc.
Classification: 3 Month, Full-time Term Contract Position (with possibility of extension)
Rate of Pay: $20-$25/hour commensurate with experience
Dates: September 3 to December 4, 2019
Application Process: Applications should include a cover letter and resume. To apply for this position, go to
www.msvu.ca/careers and follow the online application system. This competition closes on August 28, 2019.
Mount Saint Vincent University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion within our community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities, and other groups that would contribute to the diversification of our campus. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self identify in their application materials. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Evergreen Job Ads
Apex Language & Career College is a private language school specializing in preparing international students for university entrance. We are always accepting resume for EAP teaching position. The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in applied linguistics, education, or other appropriate discipline
- ESL teaching qualifications that are recognized by TESL Canada
- Native language proficiency in English, excellent verbal and written skills
- Minimum two years of experience teaching ESL/EAP
- Some professional work experience outside Canada preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Love of teaching and willingness to go the extra mile to help students
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
DaDa ABC is an expanding ESL provider based in Shanghai, China. If you’re looking for an enjoyable one-on-one teaching situation, please visit our website (link provided below) to learn more about the company and the position.
DaDa ABC provides one-on-one English lessons to students aged 5-15 from mainland China. DaDa ABC provides the lessons, so there is no need to develop curriculum. We will also train you on how to use the computer interface (although it is quite easy and even teachers with no previous online experience generally have no problem at all).
The remuneration is about $20-25 an hour in Canadian dollars (110-125 CNY) and there is flexibility in the number of hours/days you wish to be available each week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality online English lessons, provided by the employer, to children ranging from 5-15 years old.
– fluent English speaker
– B.A. degree or higher
– ESL teacher certification
DaDa ABC; Canada
How to apply:
Visit this link to find out more information and to apply.
Dalhousie University ESL Programs
Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education is always interested in receiving resumes. Instructors must have the following:
- A graduate degree in a related discipline such as TESL/TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Cultural Studies with a TESOL focus
- Certification from a recognized TESL/TESOL training program
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching academic English with a preference given to those with experience teaching academic English in the university environment
- Preference is given to those with international teaching experience
Resumes should be sent to:
David Packer, Director of ESL Programs
Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education
East Coast School of Languages
ECSL is looking for energetic, experienced ESL/EFL teachers who meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years ESL/EFL adult teaching experience
- CELTA/Trinity or other recognized qualification
- Ability to be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Genuine interest in and concern for ESL/EFL students
- Business and/or academic teaching experience are definite assets
- International teaching experience
- Cross-cultural awareness
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Director of Studies.
Or mail to:
Director of Studies
East Coast School of Languages
1256 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 1Y6
Halifax Language Institute, located in the heart of downtown on Spring Garden Road, is seeking energetic and creative instructors.
Our class sizes are small to facilitate dynamic student-centered and task-based learning.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus teaching qualification recognized by TESL Canada
– Bi- or multi-lingual background highly valued
– International teaching experience highly valued
– Specialized training or experience in the following areas an asset: English for Academic Purposes, TOEFL, IELTS, grammar, English for business
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
ISANS looking for energetic, experienced EAL substitute instructors.
ISANS is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the language learning goals of newcomers. In a creative and respectful environment, ISANS strives to provide quality and effective learning opportunities to promote the active participation of newcomers in the community. ISANS offers different language learning programs for newcomers. ISANS has two language teams: Community Language helps immigrants learn the language they need to function in the community and Labour Market Language offers a wide variety of workplace communication courses.
Job opportunities are often available at ISANS. Please check the ISANS website for current openings: www.isans.ca
The International Language Institute in Halifax, Nova Scotia welcomes resumes from qualified candidates for ESL teaching positions.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in ESL/EFL, Applied Linguistics or a related field
- A CELTA or Trinity certificate
- Minimum teaching experience of two years
- Already be legally entitled to work in Canada
Interested candidates who possess the above qualifications may email a cover letter and a CV in Word Document to Sharon Forester-Bennett, Director of Studies at email@example.com.
The Language Centre, St. Mary’s University
The Language Centre, St Mary’s University is always accepting resumes for teaching positions. Instructors should have, at minimum, the following qualifications and experience:
- a Masters degree in TESL/TEFL or an MA in Applied Linguistics
- at least two years experience in teaching ESL or EFL (one of these years should be in an Intensive English Program)
- some professional work experience outside Canada preferred
- an understanding of the issues and pedagogical practices associated with teaching English for Academic Purposes and/or content-based ESL; ideally with experience in teaching EAP in a university environment
- native-like proficiency in English
- excellent verbal and written skills
- a record of recent professional development activity such as publications and conference presentations
- excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- demonstrated excellence in teaching
- an ability to work as part of a team
- ESL teaching qualifications that are recognized by TESL Canada
All resumes must be sent by e-mail as an attachment to:
Academic Services Manager
The Language Centre, Saint Mary’s University
Silver Crescent Academy
Silver Crescent Academy is a small, privately owned language school. We are always on the lookout for energetic and motivated ESL/EAP teachers to join our team.
The suitable candidate must meet the following requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in English/Linguistics or Education
- Professional teaching certificate in ESL recognized by Languages Canada
- Experience in teaching ESL/EAP (considered an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of adult education principles
If you meet the above criteria, please send your resume and cover letter to
VIPKid is seeking passionate educators to teach English online to students in China – with the flexibility to teach from anywhere and earn competitive pay of USD $14-$22/hour.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Teaching experience including tutoring, coaching or mentoring (2 years minimum)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA Certificate
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Eligibility for hiring (background check)
- A high-speed Internet connection