TESL Nova Scotia bears no responsibility for the authenticity of these job postings; a listing does not imply the endorsement of TESL NS. Caveat emptor!
To add a job listing to this list for a position and/or institution based in Atlantic Canada, send an email to email@example.com which includes the information you would like posted. TESL Canada also maintains a job board with a variety of positions in Canada and around the world.
NB: TESL NS does not post job ads that include discriminatory hiring criteria.
Time-Sensitive Job Ads
MSVU Job Opportunity
ESL Teacher – Jinshan College, China (July 5-28, 2023)
- Salary $4000 CAD
- Flight, accommodations, food included
- To apply, email CV to Nicolle Bowes Cashen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline May 10th
Ongoing Job Ads
Apex Language & Career College is a private language school specializing in preparing international students for university entrance. We are always accepting resume for EAP teaching position. The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in applied linguistics, education, or other appropriate discipline
- ESL teaching qualifications that are recognized by TESL Canada
- Proficiency in English, excellent verbal and written skills
- Minimum two years of experience teaching ESL/EAP
- Some professional work experience outside Canada preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Love of teaching and willingness to go the extra mile to help students
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
Dalhousie University Faculty of Open Learning and Career Development Department of English Language Studies is always interested in receiving resumes. Instructors must have the following:
- A graduate degree in a related discipline such as TESL/TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or Education with a TESOL focus
- Certification from a recognized TESOL training program
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching academic English and/or in the university environment
- Preference is given to those with international teaching experience and/or proficiency in a language other than English
Resumes should be sent to:
Jennifer MacDonald, Director, Department of English Language Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
A subsidiary of Oxford International Education Group (OIEG) – North America
ECLC is looking for energetic, experienced ESL/EFL teachers who meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years ESL/EFL adult teaching experience
- CELTA/Trinity or other recognized qualification
- Ability to be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Genuine interest in and concern for ESL/EFL students
- Business and/or academic teaching experience are definite assets
- International teaching experience
- Cross-cultural awareness
Please email your resume to: email@example.com, ATTN: Director of Studies.
Or mail to:
Director of Studies
East Coast Language College
1256 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3J 1Y6
Halifax Language Institute, located in the heart of downtown on Spring Garden Road, is seeking energetic and creative instructors.
Our class sizes are small to facilitate dynamic student-centered and task-based learning.
– Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus teaching qualification recognized by TESL Canada
– Bi- or multi-lingual background highly valued
– International teaching experience highly valued
– Specialized training or experience in the following areas an asset: English for Academic Purposes, TOEFL, IELTS, grammar, English for business
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
ISANS looking for energetic, experienced EAL substitute instructors.
ISANS is a non-profit organization committed to supporting the language learning goals of newcomers. In a creative and respectful environment, ISANS strives to provide quality and effective learning opportunities to promote the active participation of newcomers in the community. ISANS offers different language learning programs for newcomers. ISANS has two language teams: Community Language helps immigrants learn the language they need to function in the community and Labour Market Language offers a wide variety of workplace communication courses.
Job opportunities are often available at ISANS. Please check the ISANS website for current openings: www.isans.ca
The International Language Institute in Halifax, Nova Scotia welcomes resumes from qualified candidates for ESL teaching positions.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in ESL/EFL, Applied Linguistics or a related field
- A CELTA or Trinity certificate
- Minimum teaching experience of two years
- Already be legally entitled to work in Canada
Interested candidates who possess the above qualifications may email a cover letter and a CV in Word Document to Sharon Forester-Bennett, Director of Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Language Centre, Saint Mary’s
Saint Mary’s University, is always accepting resumes for teaching positions. Instructors should have, at minimum, the following qualifications and experience:
- a Masters degree in TESL/TEFL or an MA in Applied Linguistics
- at least two years experience in teaching ESL or EFL (one of these years should be in an Intensive English Program)
- some professional work experience outside Canada preferred
- an understanding of and experience in teaching EAP in a university environment
- online teaching experience in EFL or EAP; a qualification for teaching online is an asset.
- excellent verbal and written skills
- excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- an ability to work as part of a team
- EFL teaching qualifications that are recognized by TESL Canada
All resumes must be sent by e-mail as an attachment to:
Academic Services Manager
The Language Centre, Saint Mary’s University
Halifax, N.S. email@example.com
Silver Crescent Academy
Silver Crescent Academy is a small, privately owned language school. We are always on the lookout for energetic and motivated ESL/EAP teachers to join our team.
The suitable candidate must meet the following requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in English/Linguistics or Education
- Professional teaching certificate in ESL recognized by Languages Canada
- Experience in teaching ESL/EAP (considered an asset)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of adult education principles
If you meet the above criteria, please send your resume and cover letter to
VIPKid is seeking passionate educators to teach English online to students in China – with the flexibility to teach from anywhere and earn competitive pay of USD $14-$22/hour.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Teaching experience including tutoring, coaching or mentoring (2 years minimum)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA Certificate
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Eligibility for hiring (background check)
- A high-speed Internet connection