TESL Canada is happy to announce the 2021 $500 TCEF – TESL Scholarship.
This scholarship is intended to support a TESL Canada member who is currently enrolled, or has interest in enrolling, in a TESL initial training program (Standard 1) or who plans to enrol in an advanced training program (Standard 2 or 3) in order to enhance their professional qualifications and expertise.
Applicants must be TESL Canada members at the time of application. New members are welcome to apply. A TESL Canada member could be a direct member, or a member of a provincial affiliate (TESL MB, ATESL, TESL SASK, TESL NB, TESL NS, TESL NL).
To be considered for this scholarship, please:
- Submit a letter of interest (300 words) that clearly explains (1) why you are applying for this scholarship, (2) how it will benefit your teaching/research, and (3) your individual need for this financial support.
- Submit one letter of support from a colleague or a person in a supervisory role that supports your application.
- Applicants must submit their letter of interest (PDF document) by June 1st, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: TCEF – TESL Scholarship
- Applicants must ensure that their letter of support is received by June 1st, 2021.
- The program may start anytime in 2021.
The scholarship recipient will:
- demonstrate a clear connection between the TESL program and their professional goals;
- demonstrate involvement within a local/provincial association and/or within English language learning community (service, volunteer, etc);
- write a brief report (250-300 words) on the experience for TESL Canada’s newsletter, TESL Canada Connects.
- show confirmation of enrollment (CoE) in the TESL Program in order to receive the scholarship award.
All applications will be reviewed by the TCEF Committee and preference will be given to the person who most clearly meets the selection criteria. The scholarship recipient will be informed within 15 business days of the deadline (June 1st, 2021).