We are so very excited to be able to have our members come together in person again, for the first time since 2019!
Parking: Please park in the Athletics Complex Parking lot and walk to Patterson Hall. Here is a campus. map Additional details about parking on campus are provided in the program.
Please remember to wear a mask!
Changes from Previous Conferences
As we all know, the past couple years have impacted us in many ways and things are a bit different now. As such, you’ll notice that some things will be a bit different for this conference:
- We are asking all attendees to wear masks. Presenters are welcome to remove their mask while presenting at the front of the room. We will be encouraging physical distancing, as much as is practical & possible.
- We are also asking everyone to conduct a symptom self-assessment before attending, if a registered attendee needs to cancel their registration due to illness, close COVID-19 exposure, or the presence of symptoms, we will offer a credit for any registration fees paid to be used toward a future TESL NS event or membership.
- Instead of a buffet, we are offering a catered box lunch this year. This allows those who wish to mingle and eat together in the Garden Room to do so, while still giving others the flexibility to find a less crowded space to eat if they prefer. When you register, you’ll be invited to indicate your menu choice as well as indicate neccessary dietary restrictions. We’ve chosen Chartwell’s Local Box Lunch that features food items sourced from the Annapolis Valley and think there will be an option to suit everyone. In order to minimize wasted meals, you also have the option to opt out of lunch (in case you know you will be leaving early or just prefer to lunch on your own).
- In an attempt to be more eco-conscious, we won’t be printing program books. The program will be emailed to attendees and be available in PDF format on the TESL NS website before the conference and a few copies will be posted in the conference spaces. We also invite people to wear a name tag that they already have. The conference survey will be electronic as well.
- Because we couldn’t guarantee an in-person event until recently, we won’t have publishers showcasing materials at this conference. (We hope to bring this back for the Fall Conference in HRM.)
In-Person Conference Costs:
For In-Person Attendees:
The in-person conference is just $10 for current (2022) TESL NS members. Not sure of your membership status? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Need to renew? Click here.
Additionally, non-members of TESL NS may register for the in-person conference for $45
Local Boxed Lunch
Not sure the in-person conference is for you? Check out the Virtual Conference page.