There are a few events happening shortly in Halifax that may be of interest to you and your students!
Walk with Refugees on World Refugee Day (sponsored by ISANS, Halifax Refugee Clinic, and YMCA Newcomers Programs). On June 20 across Canada communities will Walk with Refugees to put refugee voices up front and change the conversation about refugees and others seeking protection close to home.
Join us Saturday, June 20, World Refugee Day, as we Walk with Refugees for a Stronger Canada.
- We will start from Grand Parade (in front of City hall) at 2:45pm and walk to the new Halifax Central Library
- All are welcome! Bring your family! Wear YELLOW to show your support!
- Check out the route map below
- A reception will be held at the Halifax Central Library at 4pm
- Musical performances by Samba Nova and Druk!
For more information please contact email@example.com or check out the ISANS website.
Multifest 2015 is happening June 26 – 28 at Halifax Seaport!
The schedule is as follows: Friday, June 26th, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.; MultiFest Dance Party 10 p.m. – 1 a.m. (cover $10); Saturday, June 27th, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m; Sunday, June 28th, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
There is also a MultiFest Parade 10 a.m. on Saturday, starting from Garrison Grounds and concluding at Halifax Seaport, followed by Opening Ceremonies at noon.