Why present at a conference?
Presenting at the conference is a great way to reflect, share and build on your professional development. However, many of us might feel like we have nothing to talk about or present. Well, if you answer yes to any of the following questions, then don’t put it off any longer. Go online and submit your proposal today!
Have you ever…
- overcome a challenging classroom situation?
- adapted an activity to suit different levels or learners?
- used something from everyday life as a source of input?
- tried a new methodology that you think other could benefit from?
- shared your work online or had it formally published?
- designed your own teaching materials?
- received positive feedback on a MEd/MA/CertTESOL/DELTA/DipTESOL assignment?
- taken a boring topic and made it fun and interesting?
- used technology of any kind as a tool to teach or help students?
Keep in mind that you can co-present with a colleague – this helps take the pressure off! Take this opportunity to advance your own professional development and that of your peers. We look forward to receiving your proposal! See you at the conference!