TESL Nova Scotia’s annual Fall Conference will be held on November 15-16, at Dalhousie University in Halifax.
- Friday, November 15: 7:30-10:30pm
- Talent Show/Open Mic Night. This is a showcase our many talented members, whether it be an acoustic sing-a-long, a stand-up comedy act, or juggling bowling balls. Acts will be 15 minutes, and limited to a total of 10 for the evening. To be included in the lineup, contact email@example.com
- Saturday, November 16: 9:00am-4:30pm
- Keynote talks, concurrent sessions and workshops by members of the TESL NS community, lunch, and a post-conference social.
- Keynote Speakers:
Jennifer MacDonald and Kate Morrison: Exploring Teaching andLearning in EAP
Shiva Nourpanah: What is the Age of Migration and What does itMean for Us?
- Julian L’enfant, and 4 students currently enrolled in the SMU International Master of Teaching and Learning (Ashima Sharma, Fanfan Li, Yuya Kurata, Diana Isabel Torres Goñi): (Socio-) Cultural Perspectives on the Learning and Teaching of English as a Second/Foreign Language
As always, there will be lots of opportunities for networking and connecting with fellow members of the English-teaching community.
Venue, Location, Parking