TESL Nova Scotia’s annual Fall Conference will be held on November 16-17, at ISANS and Dalhousie University in Halifax.
- Friday, November 16: 7:00-9:00pm @ Grawood Pub, Dalhousie University
- Saturday, November 17: 8:30am-4:15pm @ ISANS
The conference program includes two days of events. Click here for the full program and schedule.
an engaging evening workshop focusing on teacher knowledge and practices, with a lesson/activity ‘swap shop’, a book exchange, and a fun ELT-focused pub quiz.
Keynote addresses by:
- Dr. Paula Kristmanson (UNB): Opening doors to possibilities: Preparing EAL teachers for diverse teaching contexts
- Carolyn Whiteway (ARAISA): Wide and Deep: How Understanding the Broader Context of Settlement & Integration in Atlantic Canada Can Strengthen our Collective Work
- Brian Hotson (SMU): Plurilingualism Can Do Some Work: How Academic Writing Support Responds
- Carmen Celina Moncayo (ISANS): Building Healing Learning Spaces: Introduction to Trauma-Informed Approach
along with sessions and workshops by members of the TESL NS community, lunch, the TESL NS AGM, and more!
As always, there will be lots of opportunities for networking and connecting with fellow members of the English-teaching community. Read more about the conference program and schedule, or download the conference poster.
Venue, Location, Parking
Friday: Dalhousie University, Grawood Pub (Inside the Student Union Building)
Saturday: Immigrant Settlement & Integration Services
Suite 2120 (second floor)
Mumford Professional Centre
6960 Mumford Road, Halifax
Parking at ISANS
- Parking is available anywhere above ground except right in front Winners, Sobeys, and Shoppers. Please use the back end of Sobey’s parking lot, towards Mumford Road.
- Please refrain from parking in front of Shoppers Drug Mart, Winners, or Sobey’s, as this space is reserved for retail customers.
- Parking is also available in the new underground parkade in front of Shoppers.
Conference Registration is now closed.