2019 Spring Conference: Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals
TESL NS is now accepting proposals for our full Concurrent Sessions and Roundtable Discussions for this year’s Spring Conference to be held on Saturday, May 25 at Acadia University. Presenting at a conference is a professionally enriching experience–click here to read about why you should consider leading a session!
- Proposals will be accepted via the on-line form below until May 1.
- Session formats are as follows:
- Concurrent sessions: 60-minute presentations
- Roundtable Discussions: 60-minutes
|Roundtables: 60 minutes. Format at the discretion of the facilitator(s). NOTE: all roundtables will happen at the same time.
Do you have an idea that is forming, that you would like to bounce off others?
Is there a debate that you would like to air, where you present different opinions individually, as a pair or as a panel and then discuss with a broader audience?
Round tables are a great way to expose, explore and inform.
|Concurrent Sessions: 60 minutes (45 minute presentation with 15 minutes Q&A, or how it works best for you)
Consider submitting a proposal in any TESL related topic that is in keeping with this year’s theme: From Theory to Practice
Present individually, as a pair or as a group. This could even be a series of mini-presentations in the one-hour time slot.
Propose a traditional presentation, workshop, lecture-demo, or suggest another format using the “Notes, comments, special instructions” box.
- Please indicate whether your session is a presentation, workshop or a roundtable discussion.
- All classrooms have a computer and data projector available, as well as chairs and table that can be moved for group work if need be.
- 10 laptops may be available upon request for workshops focusing on educational technology.
- Submission should include a title (20 words), abstract (150 words) and bio (50 words)
- Submissions will be peer-reviewed by a sub-committee of the TESL NS board.
- Address any questions regarding the conference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for information on the Spring Conference.