Call for Contributions: New Ways in Teaching With Music
TESOL Press seeks contributors for a book on how to use music in the ESL/EFL classroom.
Deadline: June 30, 2016
If you would like your contribution to be considered, please follow the guidelines below and make your timely submission to co-editors Jean Arnold and Emily Herrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope and Purpose
New Ways in Teaching with Music (NWTM) will be a collection of activities and exercises contributed by teachers who have used them in their teaching in ESL and EFL higher-ed or IEP classrooms around the world. Music is a new focal area for the popular New Ways series, and TESOL Press is seeking to publish successful, fresh, and innovative methods of using music to enhance English language learning in the following areas:
- Cultural Exploration
Contributors may explore options for using music in teaching ESL or EFL to adult or young adult students in an academic setting.
This series offers at-a-glance, simple lesson plans. All contributions should follow the format below as closely as possible:
- Contributor name
- Levels (beginning, high beginning, intermediate, advanced, etc.) for which the lesson is most appropriate
- Aims of lesson (e.g. focusing on improving note-taking skills or teaching about the country’s culture)
- Class time
- Preparation time
- Resources needed
- Rationale (e.g. concepts / theories / pedagogical principles / research findings which support this teaching activity)
- Caveats and Options (e.g. suggestions on how the activity may be altered, shortened or expanded to meet different contexts)
- References, Further Reading, or Resources
- Appendix (e.g. sample handout for the lesson)
Please indicate which of the areas listed above your contribution best fits, e.g., listening, speaking, reading, etc.
For more information check out this page.